Immortal Circus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Power=My Curse

Go down

My Power=My Curse Empty My Power=My Curse

Post  Nolee Lacroix Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:26 am

The one thing Dia Banks had ever wanted in her life was a family. At a young age, her biological father had given her up for adoption. The reason was that as a god fearing man, he had found out that she herself was a succubus, a love demon. Thought her brother Xavier had been older, he hadn't been old enough to change her father's mind. It hadn't been fair to the little girl but it had taught her that life wasn't fair. That's how she was able to put up with the man who had adopted her.

Elias Banks was a man who one could consider the scum of the Earth. He worked for a place called the Immortal Circus which Dia found out was soon filled with people like her. Elias, however, was low even for some of them. He was a drunk, an abusive drunk to his wife Janna and their son Devyn. The only reason that Dia had been adopted by the man was because Janna, who was an Eshu of the Seelie Court, had wanted another child.

Elias had taught Devyn, who was only a few years younger than her, and Dia how to do all the things that got him money for the Circus. Run the rigged high strike game and pick pocket being the main two. Though it wasn't right for them to do and Dia knew it, she had gone along with that. It was that or most nights not eat because food was more important to Elias then his family.

It hadn't been long til the man had drunk himself to death. Dia, being 18 at the time, tried to take care of the high strike and not have it be a fixed game. Janna, on the other hand, had encouraged her daughter to go out into the world and make something more for herself. Dia had always wanted to see the world, so she jumped on the chance to get away from the Circus. She had been told it traveled from place to place but she couldn't remember ever seeing anywhere new.

It was leaving that allowed her to meet Colt. One of the many stops on her list was Chicago, simply to see the nightlife that it had to offer. Having to feed on sexual energy was a lot easier to do when there were others around her who wanted it. She had never been a sexual person so places where the sexual energy was alive in the air was perfect for her. The only downside was getting a job. She had started working in a mechanics shop for a man named Scott Colton, Colt to his friends. They had become fast friends and soon much more than that. Then, like every happy moment of her life before, it came to an abrupt end.

They had been fooling around in the bedroom, like they usually did. Colt was delivering little love nips, nothing to harsh, when he had bitten and accidentally broken skin. At that point in time it didn't seem serious. Then he had gotten more clingy, listening to everything that she told him. Dia couldn't take it, it frustrated her. She had told Colt one day, after having enough of him following her around and doing everything for her, to go jump off a bridge.

And he had.

It wasn't until after the funeral that Dia had found out what she had done. A few succubi and incubi had the power of entrhallment. This meant that when their blood was ingested, the man or woman who ingested the blood would become obsessed with the person whose blood was eaten. This hit her like a ton of bricks. This had all been her fault. Every bit of it. And to top it off, she had ended up pregnant.

That's when she had noticed it. Driving by work one day, she had noticed the empty fairgrounds and the familiar tent sitting in it. It all made sense to her. The Immortal Circus appeared in times of great need, it almost had to. The one thing she needed at the moment, was to go home.

And so she had.
Nolee Lacroix
Nolee Lacroix

Back to top Go down