Immortal Circus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life, Death, and Rebirth of A Soldier

Go down

The Life, Death, and Rebirth of A Soldier Empty The Life, Death, and Rebirth of A Soldier

Post  Nolee Lacroix Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:38 am

Immortal Circus: Wade Barrett

It all started when he had come to the New World with his brothers in arms. Wade Barrett had been the son of poor farmers from Manchester, England. He had no choice but to join the army in hopes of making money for his mother and father. Deep down, however, he hated his mother and father. He never felt right in the rags of peasants, instead admiring the cloths and silks that the upper class wore. He hated the fact that the finer things in life were reserved for those who didn't need them.

The boat ride had been hell, the first battle of this silly thing the men and women called their 'revolution' even worse. A few of his friends had died, not that Wade bothered with many friends. He had always felt alone, even in a room full of people.

Perhaps that's why he had chosen to go out on his own tonight, to the local pub so that he could drink. He ignored the jeers of the colonists as he sat there, drowning his feelings with ale, his drink of choice. However, after a few drinks, the jeers had turned into an all out brawl. Wade had welcomed the violence, had loved beating the men who were stupid enough to pick a fight with him. What he had not loved was the knife that was slashed through his stomach. No, that had been a horrible event.

He stumbled the streets of Boston, the knife wound deep and blood droplets on the snowy ground behind him as he walked. He didn't get far before he fell to the ground, his eyesight gray. He heard footsteps and turned to see one of the men who had been attacking in the bar. One of those New World bastards. "Get back," he cursed.

"Oh Wade, Wade, Wade, " laughed the man, "you honestly don't scare me. Especially not in this state."

"How the bloody hell do you know who I am?" Wade asked, a bit scared.

"I know who you are because I've been following you," the man replied cooly, kneeling next to Wade. He was a handsome blonde, dressed in impeccable silk clothing. "Do you know who I am?"

"You…you use to live in our town," Wade softly said. He had seen the man before, vaguely when he was a child.

"Aye, I did," the blonde grinned as he pressed his lips to Wade's neck," you are in pain are you not. Do you want it to end? I can offer you everything you ever wanted. Gold, the finer things, a male body to warm yours at night."

Wade paled, he had never told anyone that he wanted these things. Especially not the fact that he loved men. The others would have judged him to much, "H…how?"

"Do you believe in God, Wade?"

That question seemed odd to Wade, "Of course I do. He's our Lord and Saviour."

"So then by association you believe in the devil," sneered Chris, "and you believe in all of his creatures. Such as vampires…"

"You're a vampire…aren't you?" Wade asked softly, "You…"

"A Ventrue, all about the finer things in life. I have a friend named Séaghdha who needs a strong pupil so that he can train," Chris replied, "it's this or death and I'm pretty sure you don't want to die."

"Fine…fine I'll allow you to change me…" Wade muttered as he looked away. The pain was immense as Chris sunk his teeth into Wade's neck. With surprising ease, Chris picked him up and tossed Wade over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. They traveled quickly through the streets of Boston, making their way to a large field where a tent was set up. Firebreathers and jugglers practiced their art but Wade was led past that and to the ringmaster.

He changed that night. Wade Barrett went from a hulking redcoat soldier who had never been around the finer things in life to a king like ringmaster who ran the Immortal Circus. His life had gone from boring to grand.

And he loved every minute of it.
Nolee Lacroix
Nolee Lacroix

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum